Bayard's Weblog!!!

My Weblog for Poetry, Quotes, Stuff to Do, ideas about life, and things I for some reason need to save for future reference

Sunday, May 30, 2004

News Quote of the Day

"There is a smear campaign under way, and it is being perpetrated by
the C.I.A. and the D.I.A. and a gaggle of former intelligence officers
who have succeeded in planting these stories which are accepted with
hardly any scrutiny."
- RICHARD N. PERLE, a leading conservative, in defending Ahmad Chalabi.

May 27th 2004:

Flood Toll Rises to 1,950 in Haiti and Dominican Republic
More than 1,000 bodies were found in Mapou, a rural
southeastern Haitian town where communications are poor.

- QUOTATION OF THE DAY -

"I sent American troops to Iraq to defend our security, not to stay as
an occupying power. I sent American troops to Iraq to make its people
free, not to make them American. Iraqis will write their own history and
find their own way."
- PRESIDENT BUSH